Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Justice of God

A Prayer for Fairness

Psalm 7

A SHIGGAION OF DAVID WHICH HE SANG TO THE LORD ABOUT
CUSH, FROM THE TRIBE OF BENJAMIN.

1LORD my God, I trust in you for protection.

Save me and rescue me

from those who are chasing me.

2Otherwise, like a lion they will tear me apart.

They will rip me to pieces, and no one can save me.

3LORD my God, what have I done?

Have my hands done something wrong?

4Have I done wrong to my friend

or stolen without reason from my enemy?

5If I have, let my enemy chase me and capture me.

Let him trample me into the dust

and bury me in the ground.

Selah

6LORD, rise up in your anger;

stand up against my enemies’ anger.

Get up and demand fairness.

7Gather the nations around you

and rule them from above.

8LORD, judge the people.

LORD, defend me because I am right,

because I have done no wrong, God Most High.

9God, you do what is right.

You know our thoughts and feelings.

Stop those wicked actions done by evil people,

and help those who do what is right.

10God protects me like a shield;

he saves those whose hearts are right.

11God judges by what is right,

and God is always ready to punish the wicked.

12If they do not change their lives,

God will sharpen his sword;

he will string his bow and take aim.

13He has prepared his deadly weapons;

he has made his flaming arrows.

14There are people who think up evil

and plan trouble and tell lies.

15They dig a hole to trap others,

but they will fall into it themselves.

16They will get themselves into trouble;

the violence they cause will hurt only themselves.

17I praise the LORD because he does what is right.

I sing praises to the LORD Most High.

Title: The Holy Bible, New Century Version

The Prayer of an Innocent Believer

Psalm 26

OF DAVID.

1LORD, defend me because I have lived an innocent life.

I have trusted the LORD and never doubted.

2LORD, try me and test me;

look closely into my heart and mind.

3I see your love,

and I live by your truth.

4I do not spend time with liars,

nor do I make friends with those who hide their sin.

5I hate the company of evil people,

and I won’t sit with the wicked.

6I wash my hands to show I am innocent,

and I come to your altar, LORD.

7I raise my voice in praise

and tell of all the miracles you have done.

8LORD, I love the Temple where you live,

where your glory is.

9Do not kill me with those sinners

or take my life with those murderers.

10Evil is in their hands,

and they do wrong for money.

11But I have lived an innocent life,

so save me and have mercy on me.

12I stand in a safe place.

LORD, I praise you in the great meeting.

Title: The Holy Bible, New Century Version

A Cry for Justice

Psalm 82

A PSALM OF ASAPH.

1God is in charge of the great meeting;

he judges among the “gods.”

2He says, “How long will you defend evil people?

How long will you show greater kindness to the wicked?

Selah

3Defend the weak and the orphans;

defend the rights of the poor and suffering.

4Save the weak and helpless;

free them from the power of the wicked.

5“You know nothing. You don’t understand.

You walk in the dark,

while the world is falling apart.

6I said, ‘You are “gods.”

You are all sons of God Most High.’

7But you will die like any other person;

you will fall like all the leaders.”

8God, come and judge the earth,

because you own all the nations.

No comments: