Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Salvation

A Morning Prayer

Psalm 3

DAVID SANG THIS WHEN HE RAN AWAY FROM HIS SON ABSALOM.

1LORD, I have many enemies!

Many people have turned against me.

2Many are saying about me,

“God won’t rescue him.”

Selah

3But, LORD, you are my shield,

my wonderful God who gives me courage.

4I will pray to the LORD,

and he will answer me from his holy mountain.

Selah

5I can lie down and go to sleep,

and I will wake up again,

because the LORD gives me strength.

6Thousands of troops may surround me,

but I am not afraid.

7LORD, rise up!

My God, come save me!

You have struck my enemies on the cheek;

you have broken the teeth of the wicked.

8The LORD can save his people.

LORD, bless your people.

Selah

Title: The Holy Bible, New Century Version

The Unbelieving Fool

Psalm 14

FOR THE DIRECTOR OF MUSIC. OF DAVID.

1Fools say to themselves,

“There is no God.”

Fools are evil and do terrible things;

there is no one who does anything good.

2The LORD looked down from heaven on all people

to see if anyone understood,

if anyone was looking to God for help.

3But all have turned away.

Together, everyone has become evil.

There is no one who does anything good,

not even one.

4Don’t the wicked understand?

They destroy my people as if they were eating bread.

They do not ask the LORD for help.

5But the wicked are filled with terror,

because God is with those who do what is right.

6The wicked upset the plans of the poor,

but the LORD will protect them.

7I pray that victory will come to Israel from Mount Zion!

May the LORD bring them back.

Then the people of Jacob will rejoice,

and the people of Israel will be glad.

Title: The Holy Bible, New Century Version

The Lord Guards His People

Psalm 121

A SONG FOR GOING UP TO WORSHIP.

1I look up to the hills,

but where does my help come from?

2My help comes from the LORD,

who made heaven and earth.

3He will not let you be defeated.

He who guards you never sleeps.

4He who guards Israel

never rests or sleeps.

5The LORD guards you.

The LORD is the shade that protects you from the sun.

6The sun cannot hurt you during the day,

and the moon cannot hurt you at night.

7The LORD will protect you from all dangers;

he will guard your life.

8The LORD will guard you as you come and go,

both now and forever.

No comments: