Thursday, January 7, 2010

Common Ground


The next "C" of "The Seven Cs of Soul Winning" is common ground. We need to endeavor to find common ground with people. In 1 Corinthians 9:19-24, Paul says,

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you. Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.

In this passage, Paul is talking about the way he ran--the method he used--to reach people for Christ. Verse 22 in The Living Bible puts it this way, Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone so that I might bring them to Christ.

Paul didn't run aimlessly. And like Paul, you have to find a point to relate to people so that you can build a bridge over which the gospel can come.

I encourage you today to find a common area of interest, a common ground, to relate to people in order to share Christ with them.


Bayless Conley, Answers for each day

No comments: