Saturday, March 27, 2010

Psalm 34:19





Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

Carla couldn't believe how things were going in her life. She'd always thought Christians didn't have to face the same kinds of problems everyone else had. What good was being a Christian, if your problems didn't let up? It seemed that since she became a Christian, everything had gotten worse. NO matter how hard she prayed, she never felt God close at hand.

It is folly to believe that God liberates us from all discomfort and affliction. What He does do is give us the will and determination to go on, even in the face of tough times. He works within us to give us peace and strength and courage; those things necessary to get through life. We can be sure that our trails will not come to an end, but the love of God will see that we get through anything that comes our way.

Prayer:

Lord, I sometimes feel I just can't go on. Please fill me with the strength I need, both of body and of character. Don't let me give up, but deliver me. Amen.

No comments: