Friday, May 14, 2010

Faith in Our Great God

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
How do you have faith? You look to Jesus, and faith is produced in your heart. You don’t have to work up faith. Suppose I needed to cross the Mississippi River and I wasn’t sure whether the bridge could hold me up or not. I could do one of two things. I could stand on the banks of the Mississippi and try to work up enough courage to make myself believe in that bridge, then timorously walk over that bridge. Or I could look at the semi-trucks traveling across the mighty steel and concrete of that bridge, believe, and boldly walk across in faith! In this case, faith is the by-product of seeing the strength of the bridge itself. In the same way, it’s not great faith in God that you need; it is faith in a great God!

ACTION POINT:
Attempt something so great in your life today that others will see just how big your God is.


Adrian Rogers, Love Worth Finding

No comments: