Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Then I Told Jimmy"


Do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God.
Romans 6:13


Recommended Reading
Romans 6:11-14

When Jimmy Carter was running for President of the United States, his wife Rosalynn was his chief advisor, closest associate, and greatest asset. She also had a mind of her own and knew something about the use of power. On one occasion during the 1976 campaign, she promised a group that if Jimmy were elected, he would create a commission to do something about the deplorable treatment of America's mentally ill. "Then," she later said with a grin, "I went home and told Jimmy."

We sometimes think our partnership with God works that way, too. We decide what we should do, then we tell the Lord about it. But even though we're the "Bride of Christ," we take our orders from Him. It's not the other way around.

Our cry is: Lord, I am presenting myself wholly to You for this day. What would you have me do? What is Your agenda for me today? I am Your servant, for I am under grace.


The world has yet to see what God will do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him. I will try my utmost to be that man.
D. L. Moody

No comments: