Friday, August 10, 2007

A Lesson in Humility

A Lesson in Humility
by Max Lucado

Jesus
… made Himself of no reputation … He humbled Himself and became
obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:5, 7–8


Deflating inflated egos is so important to God that he offers to help.


He helped me. I recently spent a week on a book tour. We saw long
lines and crowded stores. One person after another complimented me. For
three days I bathed in the river of praise. I began to believe the
accolades. All these people can’t be wrong. I must be God’s gift to
readers. My chest puffed so much I could hardly see where to autograph
the books. Why, had I been born two thousand years earlier, we might
read the gospels of Matthew, Max, Luke, and John. About the time I
wondered if the Bible needed another epistle, God shot an arrow of
humility in my direction.

Book Daily