Saturday, June 14, 2008

Music

A Prayer for Mercy in Troubled Times

Psalm 6

FOR THE DIRECTOR OF MUSIC. WITH STRINGED INSTRUMENTS. UPON
THE SHEMINITH. A PSALM OF DAVID.

1LORD, don’t correct me when you are angry;

don’t punish me when you are very angry.

2LORD, have mercy on me because I am weak.

Heal me, LORD, because my bones ache.

3I am very upset.

LORD, how long will it be?

4LORD, return and save me;

save me because of your kindness.

5Dead people don’t remember you;

those in the grave don’t praise you.

6I am tired of crying to you.

Every night my bed is wet with tears;

my bed is soaked from my crying.

7My eyes are weak from so much crying;

they are weak from crying about my enemies.

8Get away from me, all you who do evil,

because the LORD has heard my crying.

9The LORD has heard my cry for help;

the LORD will answer my prayer.

10All my enemies will be ashamed and troubled.

They will turn and suddenly leave in shame.

Title: The Holy Bible, New Century Version

Psalm Praise the God of Israel

Psalm 149

1Praise the LORD!

Sing a new song to the LORD;

sing his praise in the meeting of his people.

2Let the Israelites be happy because of God, their Maker.

Let the people of Jerusalem rejoice because of their King.

3They should praise him with dancing.

They should sing praises to him with tambourines and harps.

4The LORD is pleased with his people;

he saves the humble.

5Let those who worship him rejoice in his glory.

Let them sing for joy even in bed!

6Let them shout his praise

with their two-edged swords in their hands.

7They will punish the nations

and defeat the people.

8They will put those kings in chains

and those important men in iron bands.

9They will punish them as God has written.

God is honored by all who worship him.

Praise the LORD!

Title: The Holy Bible, New Century Version

Praise the Lord with Music

Psalm 150

1Praise the LORD!

Praise God in his Temple;

praise him in his mighty heaven.

2Praise him for his strength;

praise him for his greatness.

3Praise him with trumpet blasts;

praise him with harps and lyres.

4Praise him with tambourines and dancing;

praise him with stringed instruments and flutes.

5Praise him with loud cymbals;

praise him with crashing cymbals.

6Let everything that breathes praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD!

No comments: