Monday, June 16, 2008

Peace

The Lord the Shepherd

Psalm 23

A PSALM OF DAVID.

1The LORD is my shepherd;

I have everything I need.

2He lets me rest in green pastures.

He leads me to calm water.

3He gives me new strength.

He leads me on paths that are right

for the good of his name.

4Even if I walk through a very dark valley,

I will not be afraid,

because you are with me.

Your rod and your walking stick comfort me.

5You prepare a meal for me

in front of my enemies.

You pour oil on my head;

you fill my cup to overflowing.

6Surely your goodness and love will be with me

all my life,

and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

Title: The Holy Bible, New Century Version

The Love of God’s People

Psalm 133

A SONG FOR GOING UP TO WORSHIP. OF DAVID.

1It is good and pleasant

when God’s people live together in peace!

2It is like perfumed oil poured on the priest’s head

and running down his beard.

It ran down Aaron’s beard

and on to the collar of his robes.

3It is like the dew of Mount Hermon

falling on the hills of Jerusalem.

There the LORD gives his blessing

of life forever.

Psalm 119: 161-168

161 Leaders attack me for no reason,

but I fear your law in my heart.

162 I am as happy over your promises

as if I had found a great treasure.

163 I hate and despise lies,

but I love your teachings.

164 Seven times a day I praise you

for your fair laws.

165 Those who love your teachings will find true peace,

and nothing will defeat them.

166 I am waiting for you to save me, LORD.

I will obey your commands.

167 I obey your rules,

and I love them very much.

168 I obey your orders and rules,

because you know everything I do.

No comments: